Since I last posted, I have been doing knitting classes while pursuing other work and interests. I am finally getting around to making the yarniashop.com website look better this week. My domain/server etc changed and it really looks wonky. Without the shop it just wasn’t a top priority and I just let it slide. My goal is to get it done by next week. It is always good to have goals.
Since it has been so long since I posted here are some bullet points:
- I started a Needlechat group at the Plain Local community branch. We meet every Wed 10 AM. Knitters, crocheters, cross stitch, needlepoint or anything with a needle please come by. Most library branches have a group.
- I finally signed up and when to the schoolhouse knitters camp last summer. It was a wonderful experience. Traveling there was an experience but the camp was great.
- Still enjoying ravelry. It is truly a great reference source.
- I recently completed a scarf for the humane society fundraiser. To make it look more special I went to Avenue Antiques. The pins I got there were perfect. She also has a great selection of cuff links. Cuff links are a great way to pin a shawl in position around your shoulders.
- I will teach group or private lessons. If you have a group, I can come and do a one time session or multiple sessions. If you have a scout troop or a kids camp and need an activity contact me.
- I have posted several videos on the yarniashop youtube channel. I find youtube a handy tool for students to be able to look up skills they were taught in class.
Totally non knitting tip…… I love caramelized onions but they take so long. So, when I do them for a dish, I will chop up 5-6 onions and make a HUGE batch. I use what I need and then I put 1/2 cup to 1 cup plops on a sheet with parchment paper on it and stick it in the freezer. In a short while, I pull these off and store in an airtight container. This way if I want them on a burger or it pops up as an ingredient for a dish and I don’t have the time or energy to make them, I can have some in a matter of minutes.